4th of July Sweets
Trying to be the hostess with the mostess this 4th of July, than don’t forget the desserts. Delish.com is featuring plenty holiday dessert ideas and I picked out one just for all you backyard barbecue planners.
♥Vanilla-Raspberry Sundaes with Spoon-Shaped Cookies♥
Recipe found on delish.com
- 2 cup(s) sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 ounce(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 quart(s) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 quart(s) raspberry sorbet, softened
- Blueberries, for garnish
- Make the cookies: Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until dough comes together. Shape dough into 2 disks, wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll out 1 disk of dough to just less than an inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Using a paring knife, cut out spoon shapes, each about 3 inches long. Get the spoon template here.
- Transfer to baking sheets. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes. Roll out scraps, and repeat once.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, about 12 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Make the sundaes: In 8 small bowls, layer 1/4 cup ice cream, 1/2 cup sorbet, and another 1/4 cup ice cream. Garnish each sundae with blueberries, and serve with 2 or 3 cookie spoons.